We are expanding!
We are looking for another gameplay programmer to join our team and help us deliver the projects that are currently in production. This programmer will be working with the Technical Director and the Lead Programmer of the team they’re assigned to, and will be responsible for implementing not only various gameplay elements, but also other parts of the game, such as UI, systems, and tools.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, read the details below and apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will be based in our London office, so eligibility to work in the UK is a requirement.
The games currently being developed are written in C++ or Rust, using custom engines, with additional scripting in Lua. Strong knowledge of software engineering, game development techniques, and computer science is essential.
- Work with the Lead Programmer of the project to achieve the project goals
- Work with the wider team to deliver the best game that fulfills the vision of the project
- Work with the wider team to help identify technical problems and help solving them, such as pipelining and tooling issues
- Pro-actively identify issues in the game or codebase and improve it
- Help us deliver a high-quality product within the schedule
- Knowledge and experience with videogames, especially indie games
- Experience with modern C++, Rust, or another modern native “systems programming” language
- Hands on experience implementing a variety of different gameplay experiences
- Strong grasp of software engineering
- Strong ability of understanding an unfamiliar code base, and being able to effectively debug it
- Flexible with technology and always willing to learn new things
- Understanding of distributed source control (such as git)
- Good communication skills, not only with the team lead, but also with non-technical members of the team
- Able to work without the need for being micro-managed
- Capable of excelling in a relaxed open office environment
- Able to work in our office in London (we have office dogs!)
- A good sense of game design and content design, especially for strategy and RPG games
- Experience with C++14, Rust, and Lua
- Experience working, testing and debugging games on consoles
- Experience with LotCheck/TRC/TCR
- Experience working with remote contractors
- Experience with UI implementation