We are looking for a QA contractor for Wargroove.
We are an independent games developer and publisher. We developed Starbound and are currently working on two more games: Wargroove and Witchbrook. We have also published: Stardew Valley, Risk of Rain, Wanderlust and many more. We are passionate about what we do, and are looking for someone who shares this passion. Our team is very friendly, diverse, and we have a no-crunch policy. We also have office dogs!
We are looking for a Quality Assurance contractor to help us test and balance Wargroove. This person will be responsible for creating and executing test plans, providing feedback on game content and balance, managing issues in the bug tracker, and coordinating with the project’s producer to prioritise bug fixes.
This is a 9 month contracting position. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, read the details below and apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will be based in our London office, so eligibility to work in the UK is a requirement.
Quality Assurance Contractor
- Work with the Producer to achieve the project goals within the schedule
- Proactively identify issues in the game and help the developers improve it
- Achieve a deep understanding of the game and be able to provide feedback on content and balance
- Manage the bug database
- Knowledge and experience with videogames, especially indie games
- Experience and skill with turn-based strategy games
- Capable of identifying and cataloging issues in an understandable way, that will help the programmers, designers and artists develop fixes
- Be able to provide useful feedback to game designers and level designers to help achieve the best balance for the game
- Good team communication skills
- Able to work without the need to be micromanaged
- Capable of excelling in a relaxed open office environment
- Able to work in our office in London (we have office dogs, so you’ll have to be OK with those, too!)
- Have legal work rights to work in the UK
- Understanding of distributed source control (such as git)
- Some level of technical skills, such as being able to modify json/yaml
- A good sense of game design and content design, especially for strategy and RPG games
- Experience testing games on consoles
- Experience with LotCheck/TRC/TCR process